Lauren is an associate in the government enforcement litigation group at Ropes & Gray. Lauren has diverse experience in advising clients in internal and government-initiated investigations. Lauren also regularly conducts pre-acquisition due diligence and anti-corruption risk assessments for international transactions.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Lauren worked in the University of Chicago Law School’s Edwin F. Mandel Legal Aid Clinic Mental Health Project. Lauren has also competed internationally in softball against Olympic bid teams from Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- FCPA Enforcement. Represented a multinational medical device company in a major government-initiated Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigation. Assisted with various compliance efforts, internal investigations, and government presentations for various branch offices located throughout South America, Europe, and Asia.
- Anti-Corruption and Sanctions Diligence. Conducted various anti-corruption and anti-money-laundering diligences for private equity firms in connection with their acquisitions of portfolio companies in South America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
- SEC and DOJ Investigations. Represented an assisted living company and its directors in connection with SEC investigation involving alleged accounting fraud and material misrepresentations in securities filings. Assisted with an insider trading investigation on behalf of a medical device company and its officers. Represented a pharmaceutical company in multi-pronged, parallel government investigations into alleged material misstatements in securities filings, off-label marketing practices, and other health-care related fraud. Advised a private equity firm and its executives in an investigation related to political contributions under pay-to-play securities laws.
- Co-author, “Novartis Agrees to Settle Bribery Charges Against Chinese Subsidiaries for $25 Million,” Lexology (April 4, 2016),
- Co-author, “DPAs and Plea Agreements: The Tradeoffs,” Corporate Counsel (January 5, 2015)
- Co-author, “Smith & Wesson Settlement Raises FCPA Concerns for U.S. Businesses,” Bloomberg BNA Corporate Law & Accountability Report (August 22, 2014)
- Co-author, “Three’s Company or Three’s a Crowd? Working with Third Parties during an Internal Investigation,” Internal Investigation 2014, Practising Law Institute (June 2014)