Ben is counsel in the finance group of Ropes & Gray. He has broad experience acting for private equity sponsors, banks and corporate clients in relation to complex cross-border and domestic leveraged acquisition finance transactions (including public-to-private transactions), margin loans, property finance, debt buy-backs, refinancings and restructurings.
- Acted for Bain Capital on a margin loan secured by the shares of Skylark Co., Ltd., a Japanese restaurant chain.
- Acted for Bain Capital, in its leveraged acquisition of the Ooedo Onsen hotel chain.
- Acted for Bellsystem24 on the dividend recapitalization and further secondary refinancing of its term and revolving credit facilities.
- Acted for Bain Capital in the approximately $500 million leveraged tender offer for all of the shares of Macromill Inc.
- Acted for a global multi-strategy investor in its sale of a 267-room Tokyo hotel.
- Acted for the buyer consortium consisting of TPG Growth and the Chairman of NYSE-listed ShangPharma Corporation in connection with the financing of ShangPharma’s 13e-3 going-private transaction valued at approximately $180 million
- Acted for the European Special Situations Group of a global investment bank and TPG Opportunities Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Acted for Metric Capital Partners, Babson Capital and Alcentra in connection with the mezzanine and PIK loan co-investment with Duke Street Capital and management for the £37.5 million acquisition of LM Funerals.