Craig E. Marcus
Craig Marcus focuses on representing private equity sponsors, private equity portfolio companies and public companies in connection with debt and equity securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions and the management equity arrangements involved in leveraged buyout transactions. Craig also counsels public companies on a wide range of corporate governance, executive compensation and disclosure matters and is a former head of the firm’s executive compensation practice group. Craig’s clients include 3i Group plc, Avista Capital Partners, Berkshire Partners, Bright Horizons, Bain Capital, Domino’s Pizza, Dunkin’ Brands, Entegris, Kohlberg & Co., Liberty Global, Sequoia Capital and TPG.
- Represented Trinseo S.A., a leading global materials company engaged in the manufacture and marketing of emulsion polymers and plastics and a portfolio company of Bain Capital, in its $218 million IPO.
- Represented Morgan Stanley, Goldman, Sachs & Co., BofA Merrill Lynch and Deutsche Bank Securities, as representatives of the underwriters, in connection with the $627 million IPO of Sabre Corporation, a leading technology solutions provider to the global travel and tourism industry.
- Represented Entegris, Inc., a worldwide developer, manufacturer and supplier of products and materials used in processing and manufacturing in the microelectronics and other high-technology industries, in its $1.15 billion acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Entegris, Inc. in its $360 million 144A offering of senior unsecured notes that were used to fund, in part, its acquisition of ATMI, Inc.
- Represented Bright Horizons in connection with its $220 million IPO.
- Represented Dunkin’ Brands, the parent company of Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin Robbins and a portfolio company of Bain Capital, The Carlyle Group and THL Partners, in its $1.9 billion recapitalization and its $400 million IPO as well as a number of secondary offerings.
- Represented Avista Capital Partners in the $375 million sale of its portfolio company, Navilyst Medical, a leading provider of innovative, minimally invasive medical devices for vascular access, surgery, peripheral vascular disease and oncology, to AngioDynamics, Inc. for a combination of cash and stock consideration.
- Represented OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC, an operator of a portfolio of restaurant brands comprised of Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar and Roy's, in connection with the tender offer for, and related redemption and discharge of, all outstanding 10% Senior Notes Due 2015 in connection with the IPO of its parent company, Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.
- Represented Emdeon Inc., a provider of revenue and payment cycle management solutions that connect payers, providers, and patients, in its $375 million 11% senior notes offering and its $375 million 11¼% senior notes offering that were used to fund, in part, its $3 billion going private transaction led by The Blackstone Group.
- Represented Avaya, a global business communications systems provider and a portfolio company of Silver Lake Partners and TPG Capital, in its $1 billion 144A high yield offering.
- Represented Liberty Global in structuring and issuing an aggregate of €2.7 billion ($4.0 billion equivalent) of senior secured notes and senior notes in connection with its acquisition of Unitymedia, Germany’s second largest communications services provider, in the largest secured notes offering in European high yield history.
- Represented Millipore Corporation, a leading life sciences company, in its $7.2 billion sale to Merck KGaA.
- Represented THL Partners in negotiating the management equity arrangements related to the $1.1 billion acquisition of inVentiv Health, a leading provider of end-to-end clinical development, launch and commercialization services to the global pharmaceutical and healthcare industries.
- Represented SSI Investments II Limited, a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners, Advent International and Bain Capital, in connection with its $310 million 144A high yield offering to finance the $1.2 billion acquisition of Skillsoft plc, a SaaS provider of on-demand e-learning and performance support solutions.
- Represented Kohlberg Capital, a business development company, in connection with its $200 million IPO.
- Represented Domino’s Pizza in connection with its $339 million IPO.
- Quoted, “4 Firms To Guide IPOs Surpassing $1.8B,” Law360 (October 13, 2017)
- Co-author, “Market Trends: Shelf Registrations and Takedowns,” Lexis Practice Advisor (May 9, 2017)
- Quoted, “6 Firms To Guide PE-Heavy IPOs Totaling $1.6B,” Law360 (May 20, 2016)
- Quoted, “Capital Calls: Financial sponsor secondary offerings off to a quiet start,” The Deal (February 16, 2016)
- Quoted, “3 Takeaways From DuPont's Proxy Battle Victory Over Trian,” Law360 (May 15, 2015)
- Quoted, “4 Takeaways From The Current Proxy Season,” Law360 (May 7, 2015)
- Featured, “Proxy Access Proposals: What’s Next for U.S. Companies?” Bloomberg BNA Corporate Counsel Weekly (April 22, 2015)
- Quoted, “Renewed Confidence Drives Hot Market For PE-Backed IPOs,” Law360 (June 20, 2014)