Anna Nolan joined the special situations group of Ropes & Gray’s London office in 2012 as an associate. Anna holds a PhD degree in law and a master’s degree in finance.
Anna assists hedge funds, special situations investors (including Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners), trustees, issuers, sponsors, bondholder committees and debtors with distressed transactions, corporate and financial restructurings and general insolvency matters.
Anna's pro bono experience includes participating in qLegal Advice Clinic at Queen Mary University of London which provides advice to tech start-ups and entrepreneurs, assisting Lawyers Without Borders with a wildlife trafficking research project, and assisting Young Gamblers Education Trust with incorporation of a trading subsidiary and IP law related matters.
- Acting for Global Loan Agency Services as incoming Note Trustee in connection with the Fairhold securitisation
- Acting for creditors of Lehman Brothers International Europe in the Waterfall litigation in connection with the distribution of LBIE’s surplus
- Acting for a distressed investor in connection with Lehman Brothers International Europe’s claims trading
- Acting for TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its acquisition of Credit Suisse’s US Distressed Credit business
- Acting for the ad hoc committee of Senior Unsecured Noteholders of Towergate Insurance in connection with its financial restructuring
- Acting for Anchorage Capital as Controlling Class Representative of the Titan (Libra/NHP) securitisation, including in litigation over the identity of the Controlling Party
- Acting for an ad hoc committee of bondholders of Suzlon Energy limited in connection with its financial restructuring
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Cooper Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group
- Acting for the Cayman Court appointed Joint Provisional Liquidators of Arcapita Investment Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Arcapita Bank B.S.C. (the Bahrain-based Islamic investment bank) in relation to the Cayman provisional liquidation and concurrent US Chapter 11 proceedings
- Acting for and restructuring various property companies within the Regus group
- Anna Nolan, “European Competition Law. Effectiveness of the merger referral procedure,” C. H. Beck (2015)
- Co-author, “The Benefits of UK-style Pre-packs and Comparisons with other Jurisdictions,” International Corporate Rescue, Vol 7 Issue 5 (2010)
- Anna Nolan, “Moving a company’s COMI to achieve a restructuring: Factors for consideration,” Amicus Curiae , Issue 83 (2010)
- Anna Nolan, “Withdrawal of a member state from the European Union,” Legal Education (April 2011)
- Anna Nolan, “Warning: Exchange of commercially sensitive information between competitors may result in an infringement of Article 101 TFEU by object,” Amicus Curiae, Issue 85 (Spring 2011)