Karen Oddo joined Ropes & Gray’s litigation practice group in 2012 and is a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Her practice concentrates on advising clients on internal investigations, due diligence, and compliance programs, particularly with a focus on anti-corruption and anti-bribery matters in Asia. Karen has represented and conducted internal investigations for multinational and U.S.-listed clients across different industries, including pharmaceutical, medical device, technology, manufacturing, and venture capital/private equity. Karen also has a range of experience in complex commercial disputes and securities litigation.
- Conducted numerous internal investigations related to anti-corruption and off-label promotion Fortune 100 multinational life sciences companies.
- Conducted an anti-corruption internal investigation for U.S.-listed technology company, including advising the client on disclosures to U.S. DOJ and SEC.
- Advised international venture capital and private equity funds on various anti-corruption and trade compliance due diligence for investments in Asia.
- Advised clients on developing and implementing anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures.
- Trial team member in commercial leasing dispute involving claims of unfair and deceptive business practices. Assisted in all aspects of trial and witness preparation, motions practice, and trial presentation.
- Represented investors and trustees of residential mortgage-backed securities (“RMBS”) in multiple loan repurchase cases in the state and federal courts of New York and Delaware.
- Represented private equity firms in connection with SEC examinations and third party subpoenas.