Nick O'Grady is counsel in the finance group of the London office of Ropes & Gray focusing on leveraged and acquisition financing, restructuring and credit investments.
Nick joined the firm in 2012 and represents sponsors, lenders and borrowers on a broad range of banking and finance transactions with a focus on cross-border leveraged and acquisition financing.
Nick regularly advises on a wide range of financing matters including M&A financing, sponsor side LBO/MBO, real estate financing, mezzanine debt financing and restructuring.
In 2015-2016 Nick was on secondment in the London office of The Blackstone Group LP.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman and GIC with respect to the financing arrangements for their acquisition of Allfunds Bank S.A., with a deal value of approximately €1.8 billion. The financing arrangements included the offering of €575 million senior secured PIK notes due 2024, the first ever high yield bond issuance by a standalone fund distribution platform business.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman with respect to the refinancing and subsequent disposal of SSP Holdings Limited.
- Acting for Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Six Degrees Limited.
- Acting for Kohlberg & Co LLC with respect to the financing of its acquisition of Marker Völkl (International) GmbH.
- Acting for TPG Capital with respect to the refinancing of Poundworld Retail Limited.
- Acting for HIG with respect to the refinancing of Cabonline the Scandinavian taxi business.
- Acting for Hellman & Friedman in connection with the mezzanine financing of a portfolio company.
- Acting for European Capital in its leveraged buyout of Cordium, a provider of services to regulated firms.
- Acting for Welsh Carson in connection with the refinancing of Aspen Healthcare and its subsequent sale.
- Acting for a major US Opportunity fund on its financing for the acquisition of a major shopping centre in Europe.
- Acting for Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Cooper Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group, TPG Special Situations Partners, Strategic Value Partners, Anchorage Capital and Alchemy Partners on the restructuring and recapitalisation of the McCarthy & Stone Group.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the financing for its US$23.3 billion acquisition of Virgin Media Inc. on with the acquisition and ongoing financing of its Funds of Funds business.
- Acting for a global investment management company in connection with the acquisition and ongoing financing of its Funds of Funds business.
- Acting for Barchester Healthcare in connection with the sale and lease- back of a property portfolio and repayment of £900 million of bank debt secured on the portfolio.
- Acting for Angelo, Gordon & Co, Avenue Capital and Alchemy Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of Avant Homes from Lloyds Banking Group.
Representative Clients and Matters prior to joining the firm include:
- Acting for a multinational private equity firm in connection with the financing of its £11.1 billion acquisition of Boots plc.
- Acting for a multinational private equity firm in connection with the financing of it £1 billion acquisition of Northgate Information Systems plc.
- Acting for a multinational private equity firm in connection with the financing of its €3.5 billion acquisition of SBS Broadcasting.
- Acting for Blackstone in connection with the £1 billion financing of Center Parcs.