Jennifer is an associate in the government enforcement practice group. Jennifer’s practice focuses on criminal and civil enforcement matters, internal investigations, and complex civil litigation. She represents corporate clients in criminal and civil litigation and investigations involving health care fraud, kickback violations, off-label marketing, False Claims Act violations, and violations of state consumer protection laws. Jennifer also has an active pro bono practice, including in the areas of immigration law, First Amendment law, and prisoners’ rights.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Jennifer served as an Assistant Attorney General at the Trial Division of the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office. In that capacity, Jennifer represented public agencies and their employees in a variety of matters, including civil rights, eminent domain, and tort claims at both the trial and appellate levels.
During law school, Jennifer was a member of the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, where she served as the Executive Director, and worked as a technical editor for the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review.
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in investigation by Department of Justice into alleged violations of anti-kickback statute; responsible for document productions and preparation for witness interviews.
- Represented international dental product manufacturer in indemnification dispute involving breach of contract, intentional misrepresentation, and unfair business practices claims at both trial and appellate court level, including serving as lead associate on appeal at the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.
- Counseled international pharmaceutical company in connection with multiple internal compliance investigations; responsible for document review and conducting witness interviews.
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in multi-year criminal and civil investigations by federal and state authorities into allegedly fraudulent promotional practices.
- Represented major medical device company in investigation by the Department of Justice regarding alleged off-label promotion and regulatory violations.
- Served as lead associate in representation of independent board members in internal investigation and related derivative shareholder litigation.
- Served as lead associate representing international pharmaceutical company in complying with third party subpoena; responsible for document productions and preparation for witness interviews.
- Lead counsel in successful representation of religious institution in state administrative hearing.
- Lead counsel in successful representation of several refugees seeking asylum, both in immigration court and at the Boston Asylum office.