Josh advises a wide range of public and private companies, investors, institutions and individuals in connection with a variety of commercial and intellectual property matters, including intellectual property and technology licensing and transfer, product development collaborations, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, initial public offerings, trademark clearance and prosecution and social media advertising.
Josh works with a diverse group of companies, institutions and individuals, including private equity investors, venture capitalists, non-profits, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, financial institutions, asset management companies, insurance companies, authors, photographers and artists.
- Counseled Skillsoft Corporation, a premier provider of cloud-based learning solutions, in connection with a variety of commercial and intellectual property matters, including its acquisition of certain proprietary rights for use in a new series of online leadership training courses.
- Advised Pfizer in connection with an option and license agreement for a biologic medical product and drug delivery device for the treatment of a neurodegenerative disorder.
- Counseled Charlesbank Capital Partners with respect to intellectual property, information technology and data security matters in connection with its acquisition of HDT Global, a developer and manufacturer of certain products for the United States and allied military units.
- Assisted a middle-market private equity firm with its acquisition of a manufacturer and distributer of street and skate apparel, shoes and accessories.
- Assisted Bain Capital Ventures in its Series C financing of a healthcare analytics company.
- Counseled a leading financial services company with respect to intellectual property, information technology and data security issues in connection with its role as lead underwriter for an initial public offering by an e-commerce company.
- Advised a leading investment and insurance company on its disclosure obligations in connection with using social media platforms to market and promote its services and products.
- Represented a charitable foundation in its creation of images of 18th century paintings to be used in a catalogue raisonné concerning the works of an English portrait painter.
- “Criminal Charges with Too Much Bite: Why Charging and Convicting HIV-Positive Biters and Spitters of Attempted Murder is Unjustifiable,” 12 Conn. Pub. Int. L.J. 461 (2013)
- “Jurisdictional Game Changer or Narrow Holding? Discussing the Potential Effects of Stern v. Marshall and Offering a Roadmap through the Milieu,” 9 Seton Hall Cir. Rev. 31 (2012)
- “Out of One Closet and Into Another: Why Abused Homosexual Males Refrain from Reporting Their Abuse and What to Do About It,” 8 Am. Univ. Modern Am. 21 (2012).