Marvin Tagaban rejoined Ropes & Gray in 2015 in the securities & public companies group, where he assists the group in developing, retaining and sharing information as well as providing updates on legal developments. Marvin’s experience as a corporate lawyer includes representing public companies in securities offerings, corporate governance and periodic reporting matters.
Prior to rejoining the firm, Marvin served as in-house corporate and securities counsel at a global asset management firm and a global internet retailer.
- Represented a global provider of outsourced aircraft and aviation operating services in its primary and secondary offerings of common stock.
- Represented a Canadian biotechnology company in three registered direct offerings of common stock in the United States.
- Represented a cabinet manufacturing company in a refinancing of its long-term debt, including a debt tender offer for its existing senior discount notes and a private placement of senior secured second lien notes.
- Represented initial purchasers in the 144A offering of multiple tranches of notes, the proceeds of which were used to help fund the $17.6 billion acquisition of a large semiconductor company by a consortium of private equity firms.
- Represented a tablet manufacturer in the negotiation of a long-term development, license and supply contract with a large pharmaceutical company.
- Co-author, “Market Trends: Shelf Registrations and Takedowns,” Lexis Practice Advisor (May 9, 2017)
- Co-author, “Delaware Court of Chancery grants advancement to directors in indemnification dispute,” International Law Office (November 30, 2016)
- Co-author, “Implementation of amendments to Delaware General Corporation Law,” International Law Office (November 23, 2016)
- Co-Author, “The SEC’s (Re-)Proposed Resource Extraction Issuer Disclosure Rule – An Update, Deep Dive and Selected Takeaways and Action Items for Issuers,” Ropes & Gray Alert (February 1, 2016)
- “Hot Topics in Disclosure and Capital Raising,” NYSSCPA SEC Conference (October 2016)