Josephine Yung is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity transaction group and is a registered foreign lawyer in the Hong Kong office. Josephine’s practice focuses on corporate and transactional matters, including multi-jurisdictional and domestic mergers and acquisitions, takeovers, joint ventures, private equity investments and general compliance matters for Hong Kong listed companies. Josephine represents public and private companies, financial institutions as well as private equity funds.
- Advised CMC Capital Partners in its joint venture with Creative Artists Agency, a global entertainment and sports agency, creating CAA China.
- Advised NewQuest Capital Partners in its acquisition of Integreon, Inc., a global legal, document, business and research outsourcing firm, from LiveIt Investments Limited and Actis.
Transactions completed prior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia, as a member of a consortium comprising KKR, Hopu and Boyu, on the US$270 million investment in COFCO Meat and a follow-on restructuring of COFCO Meat.
- Represented China Media Capital in connection with various preferred equity minority investments in Chinese media targets.
- Represented Advent International on the US$120 million proposed investment in a leading PRC-based R&D service provider for the pharmaceutical industry.
- Represented Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan on the US$75 million proposed minority investment in a leading Singapore-based healthcare group.
- Represented Dong Ping, the former founder and Chairman of Alibaba Pictures Group, a Hong Kong-listed company, as the lead investor, on the HK$680 million investment in 21 Century Holdings, a Hong Kong-listed company, through a white-washed share subscription.
- Represented GDF Suez and Suez Environment on their respective proposed investments in and strategic alliances with Beijing Enterprises Group, a PRC state-owned enterprise gas supplier, and the Government of Chongqing, in the water supply and waste management industries.
- Represented Fortis Healthcare on the US$355 million auction sale of Quality Healthcare Group, a Hong Kong-based healthcare group, to Bupa International.
- Represented L’Oréal on the HK$6 billion acquisition of Magic International Holdings, a Hong Kong-listed company, by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Represented Galaxy Entertainment on the HK$3.2 billion acquisition of the assets and properties of Grand Waldo Hotel in Macau from Get Nice, a Hong Kong-listed company.
- Represented China Merchant Bank on various compliance related matters.
- Represented Themes Investments regarding its stake in Lifetech Scientific Corporation, a Hong Kong-listed company with PRC-based operations, in relation to Medtronic’s, a NYSE-listed company, US$66 million acquisition of a controlling interest in Lifetech.
- Represented Manulife on the US$7 billion bid for the insurance businesses of ING Bank located in 7 jurisdictions across Asia.
- Represented Royal Bank of Scotland on the sale of its retail and commercial banking business to a leading global bank.
- Represented Little Sheep Group, a Hong Kong-listed company, on the pre-conditional proposal of Yum! Brands, a NYSE-listed company, to take over the company by way of a scheme of arrangement.
- Represented CITIC Group on the HK$764 million sale of a minority interest in its asset management business to ITOCHU Corporation, a Tokyo-listed company.
- Represented a global investment bank on a US$250 million corporate restructuring.