Shu-Yin (Tina) Yu
Shu-Yin (Tina) Yu joined Ropes & Gray in 2012 in our Hong Kong office. She practices primarily in the firm’s government enforcement group. Before joining the firm, Tina was an associate at Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP, where she was involved in numerous high profile corporate transactions. Tina is currently on assignment to the London office.Tina holds a masters degree in East Asian Studies from Yale University and obtained her bachelors degree from National Taiwan University in literature and political science.
- Conducted numerous investigations relating to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (“FCPA”) on behalf of several multinational pharmaceutical and medical device companies with a focus on East Asia, particularly China and Japan, and Southeast Asia.
- Represented a top multinational information technology company and a top private equity firm, respectively, in internal anti-corruption investigations in China.
- Conducted anti-corruption risk assessment and due diligence for several top private equity firms regarding proposed investments in China.
- Participated in anti-corruption risk assessments of numerous private equity portfolio companies.
- Substantive experience in equity and debt offerings, including the senior notes offering of Tencent Holdings Limited in 2011 and 2012 and the senior notes offering of Zoomlion H.K. SPV Co. Limited and its parent, Zoomlion Heavy Industry Science and Technology Co., Limited. Also represented Chinese companies in proposed initial public offerings on the New York Stock Exchange and Hong Kong stock exchange, respectively.
- Advised major private equity firms in potential investment matters and represented NYSE and NASDAQ listed companies in its general corporate matters.
- Co-author, “Tips for an Effective Anticorruption Monitoring Program,” Corporate Counsel (September 5, 2014)