Daniel is temporarily on a full-time client secondment.
Daniel Andrews is an associate in London and is a member of Ropes & Gray’s special situations practice group and is a Registered Foreign Lawyer in the Hong Kong office. He is currently on a client secondment.
Daniel has broad banking and finance related experience, with a focus on acting for stakeholders in financial restructuring cases. Daniel has experience advising creditors, debtors, sponsors and officeholders in the context of formal insolvency procedures and schemes of arrangement.
- Acting for the ad hoc committee of Senior Unsecured Noteholders of Towergate Insurance in connection with its financial restructuring
- Acting for the ad hoc committee of bondholders of LDK Solar Co. in connection with its financial restructuring (Asian Lawyer Restructuring Deal of the Year, 2015)
- Acting for Samos Servicios y Gestiones (now Uro Property Holdings) as owner of over 1,100 retail properties let to Banco Santander in Spain in connection with the restructuring of its €2billion loan facilities
- Acting for Anchorage Capital in connection with the acquisition of New Century Care Group
- Advising one of the largest U.S. investment funds on its acquisition of a distressed portfolio of U.K. car showrooms through a pre-pack insolvency process
- Acting for the Barchester Healthcare in connection with:
- the sale and lease-back of a property portfolio of 160 care homes and the repayment of £900 million of bank debt secured on the portfolio;
- the refinancing of a separate portfolio of care homes; and
- the arrangement of a revolving facility agreement
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Cooper Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group
- Acting for Liberty Global in relation to financing matters in connection with its US$23.3 billion acquisition agreement for Virgin Media