Why Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray’s internationally recognized China life sciences practice offers integrated and comprehensive counsel to leading investment funds and global pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies on doing business in one of the world’s fastest growing and most challenging markets.
To better serve our clients on their cutting-edge issues in this marketplace, Ropes & Gray has provided a unique resource – an exceptional and seamless cross-practice team with market-leading corporate/M&A, intellectual property, regulatory and compliance practitioners, all of whom are based on the ground in China.
Our full service offering covers all practice areas of relevance to the China life sciences industry including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments
- Complex licensing and collaborations
- IP Counseling and Disputes
- Regulatory Matters
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Fund Formation
China Life Sciences Insights
Resources & ToolsContact the China Life Sciences team for additional information on our capabilities.
News & AlertsRopes & Gray regularly examines trends, developments and issues in the China life sciences industry to provide guidance on the rapidly changing legal landscape.
- In Bloomberg Law, Research Attorneys Examine DOJ False Claims Act on Foreign Influence in Science (December 20, 2019)
- In Asia-Pacific Biotech News, Shanghai Life Sciences Attorneys Examine China’s New Drug Administration Law (December 10, 2019)
- Shanghai Attorney Speaks at European Union Chamber of Commerce on China Drug Administration Law (October 16, 2019)
- China’s Legislature Passes the New Drug Administration Law (August 30, 2019)
- Third-Party Screening and Monitoring Are Critical for Health Care and Life Science Companies (August 29, 2019)
EventsWe regularly offer webinars, teleconferences and roundtable events to address recent industry trends faced by life sciences companies and investors in China.
- Insights from the 2nd Annual International IP Summit (October 30, 2019)
- Katherine Wang Chaired 2018 Medical Device Regulatory Affairs Roundtable in Beijing (May 18, 2018)