Why Ropes & Gray
Ropes & Gray’s internationally recognized China life sciences practice offers integrated and comprehensive counsel to leading investment funds and global pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology companies on doing business in one of the world’s fastest growing and most challenging markets.
To better serve our clients on their cutting-edge issues in this marketplace, Ropes & Gray has provided a unique resource – an exceptional and seamless cross-practice team with market-leading corporate/M&A, intellectual property, regulatory and compliance practitioners, all of whom are based on the ground in China.
Our full service offering covers all practice areas of relevance to the China life sciences industry including:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity and Venture Capital Investments
- Complex licensing and collaborations
- IP Counseling and Disputes
- Regulatory Matters
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Fund Formation
China Life Sciences Insights
Resources & ToolsContact the China Life Sciences team for additional information on our capabilities.
News & AlertsRopes & Gray regularly examines trends, developments and issues in the China life sciences industry to provide guidance on the rapidly changing legal landscape.
- China’s Legislature Passes the New Drug Administration Law (August 30, 2019)
- Third-Party Screening and Monitoring Are Critical for Health Care and Life Science Companies (August 29, 2019)
- China’s State Council Publishes New Regulations on the Management of Human Genetic Resources (June 14, 2019)
- China Proposes Major Changes to Pharmaceutical Regulations (May 15, 2019)
- China Aims to Introduce Routine Drug and Device Overseas Inspections (January 14, 2019)
EventsWe regularly offer webinars, teleconferences and roundtable events to address recent industry trends faced by life sciences companies and investors in China.
- Katherine Wang Chaired 2018 Medical Device Regulatory Affairs Roundtable in Beijing (May 18, 2018)
- Life Sciences Quarterly: Life Sciences Trends and Market Access in China (April 25, 2018)