Notable transactions in which Vivi has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Advised a Chinese biopharmaceutical start-up which is at a pre-money valuation of US$500 million in its Series A round financing.
- Advised a Hong Kong based PE firm as the lead investor in its purchase of convertible bonds issued by a Taiwanese biotech company, where the total principal amount of the bonds is US$106 million.
- Advised a Hong Kong based company in its acquisition of 100% equity interests in the subsidiary of a leading U.S. nutrition products company in China.
- Advised a top Chinese healthcare company to form a strategic joint venture with a leading U.S. health products company to develop and commercialize high-quality consumer health products.
- Advised the pre-IPO restructuring transaction of an emerging medical device company based in Hangzhou, China.
- Assisted Hyster-Yale Materials Handling, Inc. in its US$90 million acquisition of 75% of the outstanding shares of, and a controlling interest in, Zhejiang Maximal Forklift Company Limited.
- Advised a leading German water treatment company in forming a joint venture with a Chinese company in Zhejiang, China.
- Co-author, “A New Chinese National Intelligence Law Is On Its Way,” JD Supra (June 19, 2017)
- Co-author, “Non-reviewability Doctrine in Judicial Review,” Administrative Law Review (vol.13), China Law Press (March 2011)