Notable transactions in which Jessica has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- EG & MS v. Paraguay – High Court appeal in the first ever extradition request issued by Paraguay to the UK concerning a $33m pension fund fraud.
- MB v. Government of the United States - represented client in extradition proceedings initiated by the US Department of Justice. Following extensive defence investigations and expert reports, the US conceded substantial assurances were required concerning conditions the client would be confined in and confirmation that he would not be subject to a civil commitment order.
- Ukraine v. SB – represented a former Ukrainian politician in successfully resisting extradition on politically motivated charges. The court accepted the defence case that the extradition request amounted to an abuse of process. Subsequent representations were made to Interpol to resulting in the removal of a Red Notice.
- Russia v. LV - represented client in extradition request concerning allegations of high-value fraud. Negotiations with the Russian authorities allowed for the client's return on a voluntary basis with a guarantee of bail.
- R v. CO & Ors - represented client accused of cheating the public revenue and fraud by false representations in relation to a large scale fuel fraud valued at several million pounds.
- NCA v. AW - represented client in extensive interviews with the NCA concerning a large scale money laundering investigation in relation to unlicensed money service businesses.
Ropes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Quoted, “Law Society Gazette 'Final Straws',” (April 23, 2018)