An hub for articles, webinars, videos and other media on topics we think are relevant to family offices.
- VIDEO - Impact of tax reform on charitable giving
- Podcast - Blockchain Intellectual Property Considerations for Innovators and Investors (June 21, 2018)
- Cryptocurrency Brings Rising International Risks (May 11, 2018)
- DOL Publishes Guidance on ESG Investment Considerations by Retirement Plans – Takeaways for Managers, Plan Sponsors and Public Companies (May 7, 2018)
- Podcast - Lender Management v Commissioner of Internal Revenue (April 23, 2018)
- In this Ropes & Gray podcast, Gabby Hirz, counsel in the tax controversy group, is joined by Loretta Richard, a partner in the tax and benefits group and co-founder of the tax controversy group, and Christi Lazo, counsel in the private client group, to discuss another notable Tax Court decision, Lender Management LLC v. Commissioner of Internal Revenue. Lender Management considered whether a family office was operating a trade or business and could therefore deduct investment expenses as business expenses.
- Investment Management Counsel Ed Baer Widely Quoted On Ruling That Cryptocurrencies Can Be Regulated As Commodities (March 14, 2018)
- At Davos World Economic Forum, Intellectual Property Litigator Speaks at Cryptocurrency Event (January 29, 2018)