- Assisting a specialist emerging markets investment manager with its MiFID II implementation project, with particular focus on changes in market infrastructure, transparency and reporting impacting on derivatives and the derivatives trading obligation
- Advising Altice on an equity collar financing transaction and the associated stock lending arrangements involving the underlying shares entered into by the controlling shareholder company of Altice N.V.
- Advising a private equity fund raised by a world leading private investment fund on its investment, through a series of total return swaps, in a listed company in an emerging market jurisdiction
- Advising Bain Capital Credit on the warehouse phase of the Avery Point VII CLO; the warehouse was in the form of a total return swap
- Advising a specialist emerging markets investment manager on day-to-day issues arising as a result of new derivatives regulation in Europe, including the application of the EU regulation in cross-border derivatives dealings
- Advising Altice on the hedging arrangements for the financing of the acquisition by Altice S.A. of the Portugal Telecom Group and for the subsequent refinancings by Numericable-SFR SA and Altice International S.a.R.L. of their high yield bonds
- Advising a global alternative investment manager on the use of derivatives by UCITS funds under EU legislation
- Advising an offshore fund on the custody and collateral management, and associated security arrangements, to be entered into with a global custody bank to facilitate repo transactions and reverse stock loans to be entered into by the fund with third parties utilizing the fund’s securities held in custody with the bank.
Ropes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- IFLR1000 Notable Practitioner, Capital Markets-Derivatives (2018-2019)
- Legal 500 (2015)
- Quoted, “Smooth start for MiFID II,” International Financing Review (January 6, 2018)
- Quoted, “Swaps margin relief raises questions,” International Financing Review (March 3, 2017)
- Quoted, “A Fund Manager’s Guide to Calculating and Reporting Short Sales Under European Regulations,” The Hedge Fund Law Report (January 5, 2017)
- Quoted, “How Fund Managers Can Navigate and Avoid the Pitfalls of European Short Sale Reporting Obligations,”The Hedge Fund Law Report (December 1, 2016)
- Quoted, “Fed proposes swap stay rules,” International Financing Review (May 21-27, 2016)
- Leigh Fraser, Anna Lawry, Molly Moore and Stephen Adams, “New ISDA Protocol Limits Buy-Side Remedies in Financial Institution Failure,” The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (December 14, 2014)