Joshua A. Lichtenstein
Josh Lichtenstein is an ERISA and benefits partner in New York who helps asset managers and employee benefit plans to find creative solutions to issues involving the investment of plan assets in a constantly evolving asset management landscape. Josh advises banks, asset managers, private wealth platforms, large pension plans and other institutions on the ERISA issues that have emerged or found prominence in recent years, including:
- the DOL’s most recent fiduciary rule and the consequences of the elimination of that rule
- the changing landscape of DOL guidance on plan investments in environmental, social and corporate governance oriented investments and activist funds
- fiduciary governance best practices and litigation risks (including regarding plan investment menu design)
- conflicts of interest for credit funds and funds engaging in secondary transactions
- ERISA restrictions on holding certain securities
Josh is also frequently approached by the press as an authority on these matters.