Recent notable matters prior to joining the firm include:
- Special tax counsel to Ares Capital Corporation and Ares Management, L.P. in the acquisition of American Capital Ltd.
- Special tax counsel to Eaton Vance in the launch of the NextShares
- Tax counsel to Ivory Investment Management, L.P. in its partnership with Affiliated Managers Group, Inc.
- Legal 500 (2018)
- New York Super Lawyers (2007, 2009-2017)
- Quoted, “New Regs Pave Way for Private Equity in Opportunity Zones,” FundFire (May 1, 2019)
- Quoted, “The ETF Tax Dodge Is Wall Street’s ‘Dirty Little Secret’,” Bloomberg (March 29, 2019)
- Quoted, “IRS intensifies enforcement efforts against cryptocurrencies,” International Financial Law Review (August 28, 2018)
- Quoted, “Ropes & Gray Survey and Forum Consider Credit Fund Structures, Leverage, Conflicts of Interest and Challenging Environment (Part One of Two),” The Hedge Fund Law Report (July 19, 2018)
- Co-author, “Virtual Currencies and the Commodity Trading Safe Harbor,” Tax Notes (June 18, 2018)
- Quoted, “IRS Cops Are Scouring Crypto Accounts to Build Tax Evasion Cases,” Bloomberg (February 8, 2018)
- Quoted, “BlackRock, Franklin Set for Major Boost Under Trump Tax Plan,” FundFire (October 6, 2017)
- Quoted, “James Brown Rejoins Ropes & Gray in New York,” The Hedge Fund Law Report (January 26, 2017)
- Panelist, ‘“Currency’ in the Digital Age: Cryptocurrency, ICOs and the Future of Commerce,” Section of Taxation ABA Midyear Meeting (February 8-10, 2018)