Kumbi Abere joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the private equity transactions group in the London office.
Prior to joining the firm, Kumbi trained at a Magic Circle law firm in London, where she worked on a variety of cross-border M&A work for private equity and corproate clients. Kumbi has also worked internationally, including as a secondee to Vienna during her training.
- Advised Partners Group on its acquisition of Pharmathen, a European pharmaceutical company, from international investment firm BC Partners on behalf of its clients. The transaction values Pharmathen at an enterprise value of around EUR1.6 billion
- Advised ERM, the world’s largest pure-play sustainability consultancy, and the ERM Partner shareholders, on the sale of ERM to KKR, a leading global investment firm
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, Distinction, University of Law, 2017
- LLB, University of Warwick, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2021