Lucas C. Adams
Lucas Adams joined Ropes & Gray’s private equity transactions group in 2021. His practice focuses primarily on advising private equity funds, companies and financial investors in mergers and acquisitions, investments and other general corporate matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucas practiced at other global law firm offices both in Tokyo and Silicon Valley. Lucas has a wide range of experience advising clients on M&A and capital markets transactions and providing general corporate law advice. Lucas is a native English speaker and fluent in Japanese.
- Bain Capital Private Equity, representation of consortium led by Bain Capital in the proposed $7.5 billion leveraged acquisition of Hitachi Metals.
Selected representations before joining Ropes & Gray:
- Kyocera Corporation in connection with its $1.03 billion tender offer for the shares of AVX Corporation it did not already own.
- Tokyo Century Corporation in connection with its $3 billion acquisition of the remaining 75.5% interest it did not own in Aviation Capital Group LLC from Pacific Life Insurance Company.
- Mizuho Bank on its sale of financial information provider Eurekahedge to Pageant Media.
- HOYA on its $1.4 billion unsolicited tender offer for NuFlare Technology.
- The family office of the founders of a leading Chinese multinational technology company on various investments in U.S. public and private companies, including the acquisition of a professional sports team and an investment in and strategic cooperation with a New York-based leading alternative asset management company.
- Multiple investment banks acting as financial advisors on tender offers, business combinations and joint ventures in Japan.
- Multiple Japanese companies advising on U.S. securities law aspects of tender offers and other domestic business combination transactions.
- The initial purchasers in the global IPO of Appier Group, Inc.
- The underwriters on the IPO of Levi Strauss & Co.
- The underwriters on the IPO of Anaplan, Inc.
- Rakuten, Inc. on its debut global offering of common stock under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- The initial purchasers in global equity offerings by Tsubaki Nakashima Co., Ltd., Kobe Steel, Ltd. and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation under Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Issuers and initial purchasers in multiple global IPOs and follow-on global offerings of investment units under Rule 144A/Regulation S of multiple Japanese REITs.
- Multiple Japanese companies in connection with their ongoing U.S. disclosure obligations.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2012
- BA (Japanese Language & Culture), University of California, Los Angeles, 2005
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2013
- California, 2017