Nana A. Atsem
Nana Atsem joined the strategic transactions group of Ropes & Gray in 2021.
Nana has a wide range of experience advising clients on M&A transactions including the representation of acquirers, targets, boards of directors and transaction committees and providing general corporate law advice.
Nana also has experience in IPOs, follow-on offerings and ongoing public company reporting.
Prior to joining the firm in 2021, Nana was an associate in the Boston office of another international law firm.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Represented a clinical stage ocular gene therapy company in its sale to a pharmaceutical company of a multinational corporation.*
- Represented MyoKardia, Inc., a public clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company in in connection with its $13.1 billion sale to Bristol-Myers Squibb Company.*
- Represented HelpSystems, LLC in its acquisition of GlobalSCAPE, Inc.*
- Represented Ipsen in its acquisition of Clementia Pharmaceuticals for up to $1.04 billion in upfront cash and contingent consideration representing an additional potential payment of $263 million.*
- Represented Juniper Pharmaceuticals in its $139 million sale to Catalent.*
- Represented Inotek Pharmaceuticals in a reverse merger transaction involving Rocket Pharmaceuticals Ltd.*
- Advised underwriters and issuers in IPOs and follow-on offerings across a variety of sectors, including life sciences and consumer.*
- Author, “Choin v. Mukasey: The Road to Permanent Residency through U.S. Citizen Marriage & Divorce,” 35 N.C. J. INT’L L. & COM. REG. No. 3 (Spring 2010).
- JD, cum laude, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2010; Note and Comment Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation; LEAP Honors Scholar
- BS (Business Administration), cum laude, University of Charleston, 2005
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2011
- New York, 2013