Scott A. Abramowitz
Scott Abramowitz is a partner in Ropes & Gray’s private equity transactions practice group, based in New York. He has broad experience representing private equity funds, their portfolio companies and corporate clients in a wide variety of complex business transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts, growth equity financings, joint ventures and other investment transactions. He also regularly counsels clients on general corporate matters and corporate governance. Scott has advised on transactions across many industries, including financial services, insurance, asset management, business services, health care, technology and education.
- Represented iCapital Network in its acquisition of the Artivest Holdings Inc. platform and operating business.
- Represented Veeam Software, a cloud-focused backup and disaster recovery services provider, in its sale to Insight Partners.
- Represented Harvest Partners in its acquisition of Lazer Spot, a Georgia-based market leader in mission critical, outsourced yard management services in the US and Canada, from Greenbriar Equity Group.
- Stone Point Capital and its Trident funds in a variety of matters, including:
- the acquisition of Black Mountain Systems, a leading provider of software solutions to credit investors and alternative asset managers, and in the subsequent sale of Black Mountain Systems to Vista Equity Partners*
- the acquisition of Mitchell International, a leading provider of technology, connectivity and information solutions to the property and casualty claims and collision repair industries, from KKR and Elliot Management*
- the acquisition of a majority stake in Focus Financial Partners, a leading partnership of independent, fiduciary wealth management firms, and in connection with the subsequent initial public offering of Focus Financial Partners.*
- the acquisition of Genex Services, a leading provider of cost containment services to the workers’ compensation, disability and auto industries, from Apax Partners*
- the sale of Kestra Financial, a leading broker dealer and independent advisor platform, to Warburg Pincus*
- the acquisition of Eliassen Group, a leading national strategic consulting and talent solutions firm focused on IT staffing, and subsequent follow-on acquisitions by Eliassen Group*
- the recapitalization of Ten-X, a leading online real estate marketplace, with Thomas H. Lee Partners*
- the formation of Tree Line Capital, a middle-market direct-lending platform*
- Lee Equity Partners in connection with its acquisition of K2 Insurance Services, the holding company for a diverse group of specialty managing general agents, and the related spinoff of Aegis Security Insurance Company.*
- Quad Partners in a variety of matters, including:
- the acquisition of The Gardner School, a pre-school operator*
- the acquisition of Interfolio, a software provider to college and university faculty members*
- the recapitalization of ILSC, a leading provider of location-based English Language Training classes*
- the acquisition of Taskstream, a provider of technology and accreditation solutions for higher education
- Clarfeld Financial Advisors LLC, a leading wealth management firm, in its sale to Citizens Financial Group Inc.*
- Oasis Outsourcing, a Florida-based professional employer organization (PEO), in its acquisition of CEP Inc., the controlling shareholder of Fortune Industries Inc. (OTC PINK: FDVF), a Tennessee-based PEO group.*
- Preferred Concepts, an insurance brokerage firm, and its equity holders in the sale of Preferred Concepts to Alliant Insurance Services.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Quoted, “Senate’s Coronavirus Stimulus Deal Offers Little Relief for Private Equity,” WSJ Pro Private Equity (March 25, 2020)
- Quoted, “PE continues to lobby for relief after small businesses locked out of CARES Act,” S&P Global Market Intelligence (April 7, 2020)
- Co-Author, “Use of Representations and Warranties Insurance Grows in Middle-Market Transactions” (October 26, 2015)
- JD, magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2009; Georgetown Law Journal, Associate Editor
- BS (Industrial and Labor Relations), Cornell University, 2006