Alexandra M. Anderson
Ally Anderson is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s Litigation and Enforcement practice. She advises clients in complex commercial litigation and internal investigations, and has experience in all stages of litigation, including motion and discovery practice and trial preparation. Ally maintains an active pro bono practice, representing victims of sex trafficking and asylum seekers. She also co-leads a mentoring circle in the Ropes & Gray Women’s Forum.
During law school, Ally was a judicial intern for the Honorable Cynthia J. Cohen of the Massachusetts Appeals Court, a member of the Boston University Law Review, and service coordinator of the Boston University Women's Law Association.
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer in multi-district federal and state litigation regarding the sale and distribution of prescription opioid products.
- Assists with internal investigation on behalf of biopharmaceutical company.
- Advises academic institution in connection with potential arbitration regarding allegations of research misconduct.
- Represents investment adviser and broker-dealer in residential mortgage-backed securities trust litigation.
- Represented mutual fund clients against claims of excessive fees under Section 36(b) of the Investment Company Act.
- Represented national retailer in consumer class action alleging violations of state consumer protection statutes relating to comparison pricing.
- Represented private equity client in connection with SEC examination.
- Represents sex trafficking survivors in federal civil litigation alleging violations of federal and state trafficking laws.
- Represents asylum seekers in immigration court and related probate court proceedings.
- JD, cum laude, Boston University School of Law, 2016; Boston University Law Review; Dean's Award in Trusts, Wills & Basic Estate Planning
- BA (English, Psychology), Wesleyan University, 2013; NESCAC All-Sportsmanship Award