Christopher (Chris) Armistead
Chris Armistead joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021 and is an associate in the mergers & acquisitions and capital markets groups. Chris’s practice focuses on representing public and private companies, investment banks and other investors in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings and other strategic transactions. Chris also advises clients on corporate governance matters.
- Represented Pfizer, Inc. in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Biohaven Pharmaceuticals.
- Represented McAfee Corp. in its $14 billion acquisition by an investor group comprised of Advent, Permira, Crosspoint Capital, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, GIC and ADIA.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corp. in its $40 billion business combination with Grab Holdings.
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with the offering by HAT Holdings I LLC and HAT Holdings II LLC (each a subsidiary of Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Infrastructure Capital, Inc.) offering of $200 million aggregate principal amount of 0.00% Exchangeable Senior Notes due 2025.
- Represented the initial purchasers in the $425 million investment grade notes offering for Morgan Stanley Direct Lending Fund, a business development company.
- JD, honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2021
- BA (Political Science; Psychology), with distinction, University of North Carolina, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2022