David K. Acquay
David Acquay joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the mergers & acquisitions and technology, media & telecommunications practice groups. Prior to joining the firm, David was a corporate associate at a large New York law firm, where he represented public and private companies and private equity funds in a range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, capital fundraising and general corporate governance.
During law school, David was an executive editor for the Harvard Business Law Review and a student advisor for the Harvard Law School Office of Career Services.
Before law school, David worked at Microsoft managing software development teams for one of Microsoft’s enterprise software products.
- Represented Baring Private Equity Asia on its $2.0 billion acquisition of Virtusa Corporation (pending).
- Represented Digital Colony Partners in connection with Digital Colony Partners’ and EQT Infrastructure IV’s $14.3 billion acquisition of Zayo Group Holdings, Inc.*
- Represented Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc. on its $8 billion sale to General Mills, Inc.*
- Represented BC Partner Advisors L.P. on its approximately C$5.125 billion recapitalization of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc.*
- Represented Silver Lake Partners on its $3.5 billion acquisition of Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc.*
- Represented Blackstone on the establishment of Blackstone Capital Partners VIII, which raised approximately $26 billion.*
- Represented as outside counsel a number of investment banks in their capacity as financial advisor in a wide range of M&A transactions, including the following transactions:
- Caesars Entertainment Corporation’s $8.5 billion sale to Eldorado Resorts, Inc.
- Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.’s $1.1 billion acquisition of AK Steel Holding Corporation.
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2017; Executive Editor, Harvard Business Law Review
- BS (Applied Economics & Management and Information Science), magna cum laude with Distinction in Research, Cornell University, 2013
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2020
- New York, 2018