Hasti Ahangi joined Ropes & Gray's litigation department in 2017. Hasti’s practice focuses on government and internal investigations, complex commercial litigations, and regulatory matters. Hasti also has extensive experience in matters involving anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, trade compliance, and internal controls. Since joining Ropes & Gray, Hasti has represented clients in investigations and inquiries by the U.S. Department of Justice, Securities Exchange Commission, and Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Hasti also has experience working on a Monitorship where she conducted on-site interviews with global company personnel and analyzed company processes and internal controls.
Hasti also maintains an active pro bono practice obtaining grants of asylum and residency for clients from Central America, obtaining protective orders for victims of domestic violence in family court, and representing transgender clients with name changes.
Prior to joining the firm, Hasti served as a student attorney in the Health & Welfare Program of the East Bay Community Law Center, where she represented clients in receiving disability benefits, and earned the Berkeley Law Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate. Hasti also competed in UC Berkeley’s Mock Trial program and served on the Executive Board of the Boalt Hall Women’s Association.
Hasti also received her Conflict Resolution and Mediation certificate.
- Represents individuals in CFTC and state investigations into futures and derivatives trading practices, including alleged market manipulation, spoofing, and front running.
- Represents individuals from a multinational financial services firm in an anti-corruption investigation by the SEC.
- Conducts pre- and post-acquisition anti-corruption due diligence for corporate and private equity clients.
- JD, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, 2017; Prosser Prize, Negotiations; Boalt Hall Dean’s Fellowship; Berkeley Law Public Interest and Social Justice Certificate
- BA (Communication Studies & Political Science), summa cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles, 2013; Regents’ Scholar; Achievement Scholar; College Honors Program; Dean’s Honors List