Helin Azizoglu is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation and enforcement practice group in New York, where she focuses primarily on corporate and securities litigation and securities and futures enforcement. Since joining Ropes & Gray in 2019, Helin has represented clients in a diverse array of matters including complex commercial litigation and arbitration, shareholder disputes, restructuring litigation, the False Claims Act, appellate litigation, and regulatory investigations and inquiries. Helin also maintains an active pro bono practice, focusing on criminal defense and immigration law.
During law school, Helin served as executive managing editor of the Columbia Journal of Law and Social Problems, and was a teaching assistant in Civil Procedure. She participated in the Lawyering in the Digital Age Clinic, where she worked on access to justice issues alongside a New York legal services organization. While at Columbia, Helin also served as an extern in the Appellate Unit at the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office in Seattle, Washington and provided pro bono legal services to asylum seekers detained in El Paso, Texas.
- Represents leading multinational financial services firms and asset managers in connection with regulatory inquiries, with a focus on financial derivatives products.
- Represents directors, officers, and/or controlling shareholders in corporate and transactional litigation before the Delaware Court of Chancery.
- Represents a private equity firm in a qui tam action alleging violations of the False Claims Act in connection with the submission of medically unnecessary laboratory tests by the firm’s portfolio company.
- Represents private asset manager in multijurisdictional commercial and bankruptcy litigation involving guarantor to credit agreement.
- Member of a litigation team that served as counsel to the Special Committee of a Chapter 11 retail debtor, investigating potential claims to be brought on behalf of the estate.
- Advises clients on litigation risks associated with transactional and securities matters, including with respect to special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs).
- Helin Azizoglu, Note, Least Restrained Environment: Amending the IDEA to Require Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports in IEPs, 52 Colum. J.L. & Soc. Probs. 226 (2019)
- JD, Columbia Law School, 2019
- BA (Honours Political Science), McGill University, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2020