Jasmin M. Ali
Jasmin M. Ali is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s asset management group. Jasmin focuses on representing registered investment companies, their independent directors/trustees and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional and compliance matters. She regularly works on a variety of matters regarding the establishment, registration, reorganization, and operation of retail and institutional investment products. She also works with clients to respond to new SEC rules affecting the investment management industry.
Prior to law school, Jasmin worked for two major asset managers in a sales capacity distributing mutual funds and variable annuities and, prior to that, in an operations capacity within a transfer agent. During law school, Jasmin interned with a major financial institution where she assisted in implementing Dodd-Frank compliant policies and procedures and served as an editor of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest.
- Advises the DoubleLine Funds, including both their open- and closed-end funds and their board of trustees, with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters, including the creation of new products.
- Acts regularly as issuer counsel in respect of closed-end investment company initial public offerings, most recently as counsel to DoubleLine Yield Opportunities Fund.
- Advises Western Asset Management and the Legg Mason Funds, including both their openand closed-end funds and their boards of directors/trustees, with respect to a broad range of regulatory and compliance matters.
- Advises Cohen & Steers Capital Management and its sponsored open-end and closed-end investment companies.
- Ongoing regulatory and compliance advice to Columbia Threadneedle and its affiliated mutual funds, including assisted fund complex in obtaining interfund lending exemptive relief.
- Advises the Brighthouse Funds and Brighthouse Investment Advisers, LLC (formerly the MetLife Funds and MetLife Advisers, LLC), a fund complex with over $100 billion in assets under management in ongoing matters, including numerous fund mergers.
- Advises Sterling Capital Funds and their independent trustees in a variety of ongoing regulatory and compliance matters.
- Advises Stone Harbor Investment Partners and Stone Harbor Investment Funds on regulatory and operational advice.
- Regularly advises closed-end funds in creating and implementing anti-takeover strategies and responding to shareholder activists; investment advisers in negotiations with wealth platforms relating to the provision of models and discretionary advisory services; and closed-end and openend fund in mergers, requests for no action letters and exemptive relief, or fund structure.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2014
- BA, cum laude, Boston University, 2006