Jesan Ataharul joined Ropes & Gray’s corporate department in 2021. During law school, Jesan was president of the Private Equity & Venture Capital Society and served as an editor for the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. Prior to law school, Jesan worked at the Legal Services Center of Harvard Law School and at the United States Senate for U.S. Senator John McCain of Arizona.
- Representation of McAfee Corp. in its $14 billion acquisition by an investor group comprised of Advent International, Permira Advisers, Crosspoint Capital, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, GIC and ADIA.
- Representation of a global biotechnology company in an agreement to sell their equity stake in a joint venture for $2.3 billion.
- Advised Ginkgo Bioworks in an agreement to acquire biotechnology company Zymergen in an all-stock transaction valued at $300 million.
- BA, Yale University, 2018
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2021
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2021