Katherine Adelsperger (Thibodeau)
Katherine is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s litigation department. Katherine’s practice is focused on representing clients in civil litigations, business restructuring litigations, and government enforcement matters. Katherine also maintains a robust pro bono practice, representing clients throughout the immigration process.
Before joining Ropes & Gray in 2018, Katherine spent a summer in the Civil Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Connecticut, where she gained experience in settlement negotiations and proceedings. From November 2020 to October 2021, Katherine was a Ropes & Gray Fellow at the NYU Stern Center for Business and Human Rights. While there, she focused her research on sustainable investment strategies and working on policy recommendations to better ESG regulation at the SEC.
- Represents financial services institutions in connection with regulatory and governmental inquiries and investigations.
- Represented hospital in employment contract dispute, including motion practice and discovery.
- Represented committee of independent directors of a publicly-traded oil and gas company in an investigation of potential claims as well as related post-petition Rule 2004 discovery.
- Represents pro bono clients in both affirmative and defensive asylum proceedings.
- JD, cum laude, Cornell Law School, 2018
- BA, summa cum laude, Boston College, 2015
Admissions / Qualifications
- New York, 2019