Laura E. Appelt
Laura Appelt joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as an associate in the corporate department. Before joining the firm, Laura clerked for the Honorable Allyson K. Duncan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit in Raleigh, North Carolina.
During law school, Laura worked as a student attorney in the Duke Environmental Law & Policy Clinic and as a legal writing tutor. She was a member of the editorial board of the Duke Law Journal. While at Duke, she also earned a master’s degree in Bioethics and Science Policy. In 2016, Laura interned as a legal research assistant in the Climate and Energy program at the Duke University Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions.
Before law school, Laura taught high school science in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- JD, summa cum laude, Duke University School of Law, 2018; Order of the Coif; Regulatory Law Award; Editorial Board, Duke Law Journal
- MA (Bioethics and Science Policy), Duke University, 2018
- MA (Teaching), Marian University, 2015
- BS (Environmental Science), with highest distinction, Indiana University Bloomington, 2013; Certificate in Political and Civic Engagement; Phi Beta Kappa; Curtis R. Simic Scholarship for Leaders; Udall Scholarship for Environmental Studies, Honorable Mention
Admissions / Qualifications
- Illinois, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit