Madalina-Georgiana Asandului is an associate in the asset management group in London.
Prior to joining the firm in 2022, Madalina was an associate in the private equity practice of two leading international law firms based in Paris before relocating to London in 2021. Madalina’s experience spans across advising clients on buyouts, growth financings, GP-led transactions, co-investments and other corporate matters.
- Advised an asset manager in connection with several co-investments and secondary transactions*
- Represented a French-based fund manager in connection with its investment in a GP-led transaction*
- Advised Patron Capital Partners in connection with the sale of Punch Pubs & Co to Fortress Investment Group*
- Advised Accel, Eurazeo and various investors in connection with their investment in Sorare's (a French fantasy football platform) record $680 million Series B funding round*
- Represented Exotec, the first French industrial unicorn, in connection with its $335 million Series D funding round led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management*
- Advised Eurazeo and Bpifrance in connection with their investment in Doctolib's (a French medical booking platform) €500 million Series G funding round*
- Advised Maesa (a beauty and cosmetics manufacturer) and its shareholders, including Andera Partners, Tikehau Capital et BNP Paribas Développement, in connection with the leveraged buyout led by Bain Capital Private Equity*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- Master (Business Law and Management), Université Panthéon-Assas Paris 2, 2017
- Master (Business Law), Sciences Po Law School, 2016
- BA, Sciences Po Paris, 2013; Social Sciences Exchange Programme at University of Copenhagen
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2022
- Paris (France), Avocat à la Cour, 2018