Nathan Abelman joined Ropes & Gray's litigation department in 2018.
During law school, Nathan served as the editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Sports and Entertainment Law. He also interned for the Executive Office of Administration and Finance of Massachusetts and for the Kraft Group. Before law school, Nathan was a sixth grade math teacher and Teach for America corps member.
- Representing private equity fund and management company in federal district and appellate courts in cases alleging breach of contract and fraudulent transfer.
- Represented electronic health record vendor in a federal Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act investigation.
- Conducted internal investigation on behalf of pharmaceutical manufacturer into data integrity issues.
- Represented private equity company in dispute over third-party subpoena.
- Cited, “Challenges of “Return to Work” in an Ongoing Pandemic,” The New England Journal of Medicine “Special Report” (June 18, 2020)
- Co-author, “Hong Kong Is Becoming A Top Int'l Arbitration Venue,” Law360 (April 11, 2019)
- JD, cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2018; Dean's Scholar Prizes in Constitutional Law: Separation of Powers, Federalism, and the Fourteenth Amendment; Federal Courts and the Federal System
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, Northwestern University, 2013