Raivo Andrian joined Ropes & Gray in 2019 as a technical advisor in the intellectual property litigation and strategic transactions groups. Her work includes litigation matters in the district court and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB). She has also advised on transactions involving intellectual property including acquisitions, carve-outs, and technology licensing.
Raivo is involved in the firm’s pro bono initiatives, including extensive advocacy work to obtain non-immigrant status for a domestic violence survivor.
Prior to joining the firm, Raivo worked as an energy consultant on technology rulemaking and utility strategy. She received a B.S. in chemical engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and completed internships at the French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission in France and Tesla.
- A Global Leader in Medical Technology, Services, and Solutions (PTAB) – Assisting in challenging patents related to transcatheter aortic valve replacement technology in inter partes review proceedings.
- Canon Inc. v. TCL Electronic Holdings Ltd. (E.D. Tex.) – Investigated display features of smart TVs accused of patent infringement and advised Roku on non-infringement theories.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (PTAB) – Supported inter partes review challenges to patents directed to solid-state imaging and image processing.
- Evaluated IP portfolio related to point-of-care ultrasound technology in connection with Longview Acquisition’s acquisition of Butterfly Network.
- Conducted a freedom-to-operate analysis on concentrated solar power technology for a large investment firm.
- Evaluated IP portfolio related to business integration software in connection with TPG Capital’s acquisition of Boomi.
- BS (Chemical Engineering), Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2017
Admissions / Qualifications
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Patent Agent, 2020