Ranee represents hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, clinically integrated networks, revenue cycle management companies and other health care entities in sophisticated, precedent setting transactions. She has over a decade of corporate experience, including in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and affiliations. Ranee provides clear, concise counsel to management and in-house legal teams while working seamlessly with consultants, financial advisors and co-outside counsel to ensure transaction completion.
- Represented Atrium Health in its strategic combination with Advocate Aurora Health to create the fifth largest nonprofit health system in the country, with $27 billion in combined revenue and 67 hospitals located in six states.
- Represented The George Washington University (GW) in the sale of its ownership interest in George Washington University Hospital to Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) and the restructuring of GW’s long-term affiliation with UHS.
- Represented a California nonprofit health system in a joint venture with a publicly traded operator of ambulatory surgery centers to establish a new ambulatory surgery center.
- Represented Renown Health in its affiliation and long-term partnership with the University of Nevada, Reno, which established the first integrated health system in Nevada.
- Represented St. Luke’s University Health Network in its acquisition of Easton Hospital from Steward Health.*
- Represented GenesisCare USA, Inc. (f/k/a 21st Century Oncology) in its general contracting and transactional matters.*
- Represented R1 as co-counsel in its acquisition of Cerner RevWorks.*
- Represented Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center and Bon Secours Mercy Health in the formation of Health State Alliance, a statewide affiliation created to address Ohio’s critical health needs.*
- Represented Atrium Health in the formation of its Musculoskeletal Institute and entry into a co-management arrangement with multiple physician groups.*
- Represented St. Luke’s University Health Network in its entry into Civica Rx, a not-for-profit generic drug company, as a founding member.*
- Represented Rush University System for Health in the restructuring of Rush Health, its clinically integrated network.*
- Represented UCHealth on its acquisition of Pikes Peak Regional Hospital.*
- Represented UCHealth in its acquisition of the Yampa Valley Medical Center.*
- Represented Vanderbilt University on the spin-off of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, including its ancillary businesses and sites and a 50-hospital affiliated network, to a newly formed independent organization.*
- Represented St. Louis University in its acquisition of St. Louis University Hospital and its joint venture with SSM Health.*
- Represented UCHealth in its entry into a ground lease in Colorado Springs with Children’s Hospital Colorado.*
- Represented Nebraska Medicine in its formation and the acquisition of University of Nebraska Medical Center Physicians.*
*Prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Cited, “Ropes & Gray to Open Third Calif. Office in Los Angeles,” The Recorder (December 20, 2021)
- Cited, “Ropes & Gray Opens Los Angeles Office with Paul Hastings Hire,” Bloomberg Law (December 20, 2021)
- Co-author, “Corporate and Transactional Considerations for Health Care Entities in Financial Distress,” book Health Law Watch published by American Health Law Association (September 2021)
- Profiled, “What's Next: Pandemic Spurs Health Care Transactions,” Law.com (April 7, 2021)
- Profiled, “How Ropes & Gray’s Expectation of Diversity Helped Win Over 2 Health Care Attorneys,” Law.com and The Recorder (April 8, 2021)
- Co-author, “Top Ten Issues in Health Law: #6 Resilience and Reinvention: Partnering in a Pandemic,” American Health Law Association (January 11, 2021)
- Co-author, “INSIGHT: Health-Care M&A Post-Pandemic—Opportunities, Not Opportunism,” Bloomberg Law (June 1, 2020)
- Co-author, “The COVID-19 Pandemic: Observations and Recommendations for Health Care Deals,” American Health Law Association (April 2, 2020)
- Co-author, “Hospital M&A activity update: Robust deal flow continues in 2017,” Becker’s Hospital Review (September 12, 2017)
- Speaker, “Building a More Resilient and Better Aligned Academic Physician Enterprise,” Healthcare Law & Compliance Institute (October 4, 2021)
- “Resilience and Reinvention -- Partnering in a Pandemic,” American Health Law Association’s “Speaking of Health Law” podcast (April 16, 2021)
- Speaker, “Tips and Trends in Healthcare M&A,” 2018 Healthcare Law & Compliance Institute (March 14, 2018)
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2010
- MPA, New York University, 2006
- BA, Rice University, 2004
Admissions / Qualifications
- California, 2021
- Colorado, 2015
- District of Columbia, 2014
- New York, 2011