William Allen is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity group. William trained at the firm’s London office and gained experience in the leveraged finance, data privacy and cybersecurity, tax, and private equity departments of the firm.
William has experience acting for private equity and corporate clients on domestic and international acquisitions and disposals as well as advising on general corporate law.
- Advised funds affiliated with BPEA EQT (formerly known as Baring Private Equity Asia) on the acquisition of Tricor Group, Asia’s leading business expansion specialist whose corporate mission is to facilitate globalisation in Asia. The transaction valued Tricor at an enterprise value of $2.76 billion.
- Advised Oakley Capital on the sale of Oakley Capital Private Equity III’s stake in TechInsights, an information services platform for the microelectronics sector.
- Advised 3i Group plc on its investment in Digital Barriers, a leading provider of IoVT (Internet of Video Things) surveillance and security products.
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners on its acquisition of Cadogan Tate, a premium moving and storage business, specialising in fine art.
- Acting for Cambridge Information Group on its acquisition of Emerald Publishing, a UK-based digital first publishing company, with a focus on content in the management, business, education, healthcare, and engineering spaces.
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2020
- LLB, London School of Economics and Political Science, 2018
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2023