Andrew is an associate in Ropes & Gray's capital solutions and finance group, based in London. Andrew joined the firm in August 2021 and, prior to this, worked in the finance teams at another international firm and a U.S. firm.
Andrew advises a broad spectrum of clients, ranging from financial sponsors to corporates, on a wide-range of multi-jurisdictional event-driven financing transactions. Andrew has particular experience of real estate finance and acting for private equity investors in respect of alternative investments and special situations opportunities.
- Advised a leading global investment management firm in connection with the purchase of arbitration awards totalling over €350 million*
- Advised a FTSE AIM 100 company on its £200 million term and revolving refinancing facilities combined with a €330 million bond issuance*
- Represented a borrower group in respect of a £100 million development financing*
- Acted for Drax Group plc in connection with the £702 million acquisition of Scottish Power's generation projects from Iberdola SA*
- Acted for a private equity firm in respect of a £45 million investment in a portfolio of global class actions*
- Advised Countrywide plc in relation to its capital refinancing by way of £140 million firm placing and open offer*
- Acted for several private equity houses in relation to mezzanine real estate financings, including hotel, residential and development financings*
- Represented a number of clients in respect of their debt capital market programmes, including Santander, Diageo Plc, Electrolux and the International Finance Facility for Immunisation - part of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance*
- Represented buyers of loan portfolios in the real estate, hospitality and shipping sectors across Europe, as well as buyers and sellers of distressed debt and claims globally*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- Author, “A Real Estate Boom in the Metaverse: Does it Matter?” CoStar (March 30, 2022)
- Co-author, “Class Assignment,” Litigation Funding (February 2021)
- Quoted, "How Pandemic Bonds Became the World's Most Controversial Investment," Bloomberg (December 9, 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, BPP Law School, 2014
- GDL, BPP Law School, 2013
- BA (Politics), Durham University, 2012
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2016