Elizabeth Baek joined Ropes & Gray in 2021 as an associate in the finance practice of the London office. Prior to joining the firm, Elizabeth trained at another international law firm, working at the firm’s London and Hong Kong offices.
Elizabeth has wide-ranging finance experience spanning debt finance, acquisition finance, high-yield bond issuance, DCM, financial restructuring, structured products, securitisations, fintech and financial regulation.
- Advising Neqsol Holdings and Bakcell on the bridge financing for its USD 743 million acquisition of Vodafone Ukraine. Subsequently advising Private Joint Stock Company "VF Ukraine" (licensed partner to use the "Vodafone Ukraine" brand) in the issuance by VFU Funding PLC of USD 500 million 6.20% Loan Participation Notes due 2025 issued for the purpose of financing a loan to Vodafone Ukraine, along with admission to listing of the LPNs on Euronext Dublin's GEM.*
- Advising VEON, a major global telecommunications group, on over USD 1 billion of financing facilities. Certain of such facilities included emerging markets loans and facilities backed by export credit agency guarantees.*
- Advising Concord, a leading independent music company, in a USD 600 million term loan B debt offering and USD 450 million revolving credit facility.*
- Advising the dealers (Axis Bank Limited (Singapore Branch) and HSBC) on the establishment by Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Limited of its INR 30 billion MTN Programme.*
- Advising the arrangers and dealers (Axis Bank Limited, Singapore Branch and Standard Chartered Bank) on the debut issuance by the Kerala Infrastructure Investment Fund Board (KIIFB) of its INR 21.5 billion (USD 312 million) secured, guaranteed, rupee denominated bonds (masala bonds), which were listed on the International Securities Market of the London Stock Exchange and the Singapore Stock Exchange.*
- Advising Frontera Markets Advisory FZE as arranger on the establishment of Frontera Capital B.V., Frontera Capital Group B.V. and Zambezi B.V. limited recourse debt issuance programmes and various credit-linked notes issuances thereunder, including the Frontera Capital B.V. Series 29 issuance of USD 45 million Credit-Linked Notes due 2021 linked to debt obligations of the Republic of Zimbabwe (acting through the Government of the Republic of Zimbabwe).*
- Advising the joint administrators of NMC Health PLC on the finance aspects of developing and implementing a restructuring strategy for the NMC group. The NMC group is a significant provider globally in the private health care market, and is the UAE’s largest private health care group.*
*Experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC MSc (Law, Business and Management), Distinction, University of Law, Moorgate, 2017
- LLB (with Chinese Law), First class, University of Nottingham, 2016
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2019