Emily Beighton joined the London antitrust department as an associate in October 2021. Prior to joining the firm, Emily worked as a trainee in the London office of another leading international law firm.
Emily has experience working on investigations before the UK Competition and Markets Authority and EU Commission, as well as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. Emily also has experience with foreign investment restrictions in the UK and EU, and competition litigation before the Competition Appeals Tribunal and UK High Court.
- Investigating and advising a client on leniency applications to authorities including the Competition and Markets Authority and EU Commission*
- Advised a client on applicability of merger control restrictions to a joint venture worldwide*
- Assisted clients in assessing applicability of new UK foreign investment restrictions and initial contact with the UK Department for Business, Industry and Industrial Strategy*
- Represented Barclays Bank in civil claims in the UK Competition Appeals Tribunal and High Court following regulatory investigations into foreign exchange*
*Experience prior to joining the firm
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LLM, Distinction, BPP Law School, 2019
- GDL, Commendation, BPP Law School, 2017
- BSc (Hons) (Chemistry), University of Durham, 2016; President of the Durham Union Society
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2021