Jack Bodkin is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s finance group in London. Jack has represented sponsors, lenders, and borrowers in a broad range of domestic and cross-border banking and finance transactions including leveraged and acquisition financings, direct lending, distressed debt, specialty lending and fund financings. Jack spent four months on a client secondment in the distressed debt team of a multi-strategy hedge fund in 2015.
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on the US$1 billion+ acquisition of Lumenis, the Israeli-headquartered global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the aesthetic, surgical and ophthalmology specialties.
- Acting for Epiris on the refinancing of The Club Company, the UK’s leading country club operator.
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of CARE Fertility, the UK’s leading fertility services provider.
- Acting for TSG Consumer Partners on the refinancing of Revolution Beauty.
- Acting for Bridgepoint in relation to:
- the financing of BigHand Group; and
- its investment in Matrix SCM, a leading managed service provider for the outsourced hiring and management of temporary local government staff in the UK.
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with:
- its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital; and
- its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- Acting for Reed Mackay, an international travel management company, on its acquisition of Hillgate Travel.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with:
- the £3.5 billion acquisition and refinancing of Cable & Wireless Communications; and
- the €3.95 billion equivalent dual currency loan financing package in relation to its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V. with approximate value of €10 billion.
- Acting for Altice, S.A. in connection with:
- the US$1.1 billion bank and bond financing arrangements for its acquisition of HOT-Telecommunication Systems Limited and Cool Holding, which included the first high yield bond in the Israeli market; and
- a US$1.034 billion covenant lite term loan, a €250 million bond issuance and €125 million in other bank financing of the acquisition of Groupe Outremer Telecom S.A.
Fund Finance and Specialty Lending
- Acting for NeoGenomics Inc. in a strategic collaboration with Inivata for the commercialization of Cambridge, UK-headquartered Inivata’s InVisionFirst-Lung liquid biopsy test in the United States.
- Acting for Oaktree Capital Management, as borrower in relation to a number of subscription credit facilities for their real estate funds based in Europe and the Cayman Islands.
- Acting for HIG on a subscription credit facility for one of its European funds.
- Acting for Therium Capital Management in relation to certain investments in the legal services sector.
- Acting for Fortress Investment Group in relation to:
- a convertible and exchangeable bond issued by Attica, a Greek ferry operator; and
- certain investments in the professional services sector.
- Acting for a large financial institution, as lender, in connection with a participation in a US$4 billion subscription credit facility.
- Acting for Nordic Capital, as borrower, in relation to their fund-level credit facilities (including certain upsizes and extensions to those facilities) for:
- Nordic Capital Fund VIII; and
- Nordic Capital Fund IX.
- Acting for a major European private equity house in relation to its capital call bridge and related liquidity requirements.
- Acting for CVC Credit Partners, as borrower, in relation to subscription credit facilities provided by various UK banks to bridge investor commitments in relation to its:
- mid-market fund; and
- special situations fund.
- Acting for a large financial institution, as lender, in connection with the refinancing of an existing margin loan facility and provision of a new margin loan facility for a European fund.
Direct Lending and Distressed Debt
- Acting for Intermediate Capital Group on its financing, by way of PIK loan, in connection with its joint partnership investment into IRIS, a leading provider of business-critical software and services.
- Acting for TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its acquisition of Credit Suisse’s US Distressed Credit business.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Acting for mezzanine lenders, including Partners Group, Highbridge, MV Credit, JPMorgan Chase and a multinational private equity firm, in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical, a leading German medical supplies manufacturer, by Swedish private equity house EQT.
- Acting for Alcentra as mezzanine debt provider in connection with the refinancing of the Mountain Warehouse group of companies.
- Acting for GSO and HayFin as mezzanine debt providers in connection with the £150 million refinancing of the Safety-Kleen group of companies.
- Quoted, “Capital calls look set to increase as firms try to weather coronavirus crisis,” Private Equity News (March 23, 2020)
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 521000).
- LPC, with Distinction, College of Law, London, 2010
- LLB (Hons) (Law and Management), University of Leeds, 2008