Jack Bodkin trained at Ropes & Gray’s London office and qualified in September 2013, having gained experience in the finance, corporate and funds departments of the firm.In the Finance department, Jack has represented sponsors, lenders, and borrowers in a broad range of domestic and cross-border banking and finance transactions including leveraged and acquisition financing, refinancing and restructuring.
- Acting for a major European Private Equity house in relation to its capital call bridge and related liquidity requirements.
- Acting for a large financial institution, as lender, in connection with the refinance of an existing margin loan facility and provision of a new margin loan facility for a European fund.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with the £3.5 billion acquisition and refinancing of Cable & Wireless Communications.
- Acting for Bain Capital on its purchase of a controlling stake in MKM, the UK’s largest independent builders’ merchant, from 3i and Lloyds Development Capital.
- Acting for a leading alternative investment manager in relation to subscription facilities provided by various UK banks to bridge investor commitments in relation to its mid-market and special situations funds.
- Acting for TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with its acquisition of Credit Suisse’s US Distressed Credit business.
- Acting for the Nature Conservation through its NatureVest division in connection with a debt-swap deal between the Government of Seychelles and its Paris Club creditors in exchange for the Government of Seychelles’ commitment to enhance marine conservation and climate adaptation.
- Acting for Bain Capital in connection with its acquisition of the Ibstock, Forticrete, Supreme and Glen Gery clay and concrete businesses of CRH plc.
- Acting for Liberty Global plc in connection with its €3.95 billion equivalent dual currency loan financing package in relation to its takeover offer to acquire Dutch listed cable company Ziggo N.V. with approximate value of €10 billion.
- Acting for Alcentra as mezzanine debt provider in connection with the refinancing of the Mountain Warehouse group of companies.
- Acting for GSO and HayFin as mezzanine debt providers in connection with the £150 million refinancing of the Safety-Kleen group of companies.
- Acting for Goldman Sachs European Special Situations Group and TPG Special Situations Partners in connection with their joint acquisition of the Lundy Portfolio from Lloyds Banking Group.
- Acting for mezzanine lenders, including Partners Group, Highbridge, MV Credit, JPMorgan Chase and a multinational private equity firm, in the €1.82 billion acquisition of BSN Medical, a leading German medical supplies manufacturer, by Swedish private equity house EQT.
- Acting for Altice, S.A. in connection with the US$1.1 billion bank and bond financing arrangements for its acquisition of HOT-Telecommunication Systems Limited and Cool Holding, which included the first high yield bond in the Israeli market.
- Acting for Altice VII S.à r.L. on a US$1.034 billion covenant lite term loan, a €250 million bond issuance and €125 million in other bank financing of the acquisition of Groupe Outremer Telecom S.A.