Jeff Bashara is a corporate associate in the Boston office of Ropes & Gray.
Mr. Bashara advises clients regarding corporate governance, financings, securities filings, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Bashara counsels private companies, public companies, and private equity funds in these transactions, including U.S. and foreign entities, across a wide variety of industries.
While in law school, Mr. Bashara served as executive editor on the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Mr. Bashara was employed by another leading global law firm.
- Represented Pfizer in its US$2.2 billion acquisition of Trillium Therapeutics, a clinical stage immuno-oncology company.
- Represented Becton Dickinson in its acquisition of Venclose, a provider of solutions for the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.
- Represented a prominent orthopedics company in its acquisition of CrossRoads Extremity Systems, a developer of procedure-specific, sterile-packed implants and instruments for foot and ankle surgery.
- Represented National Financial Partners in its acquisition of Private Ocean, a leading fiduciary wealth management firm.
- Represented Altimeter Growth Corporation in its US$40 billion merger with Grab Holdings, Southeast Asia’s leading super-app for ride-hailing, deliveries, and financial services.
- Represented a biochemistry startup focused on women’s health and fertility in its US$4.4 million Series Seed Financing.*
- Represented Scale Microgrid Solutions, a clean energy and microgrid platform, in its US$300 million financing and restructuring.*
- Represented Xeraya Capital in its US$2.5 million investment in a development stage biotechnology company; its US$2 million investment in a life sciences company producing mRNA-based vaccines; and its US$3.9 million investment in a medical device company.*
- Represented Preventice Solutions in its US$925 million sale to Boston Scientific.*
- Represented IXL Learning in its acquisition of Rosetta Stone’s languages division.*
*Asterisks indicate experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray.
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, 2017; Executive Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law
- BS, cum laude, Northeastern University, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017