Jeff Bashara is a corporate associate in the Boston office of Ropes & Gray.
Mr. Bashara advises clients regarding corporate governance, financings, securities filings, and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Bashara counsels private companies, public companies, and private equity funds in these transactions, including U.S. and foreign entities, across a wide variety of industries.
While in law school, Mr. Bashara served as executive editor on the University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Mr. Bashara was employed by another global law firm.
Mr. Bashara’s experience includes advising:
- Dairy Farmers of America in connection with its bankruptcy auction bid for, and US$433 million acquisition of, Dean Foods.*
- A biochemistry startup focused on women’s health and fertility, in its US$4.4 million Series Seed financing.*
- Seres Therapeutics, in a US$12.5 million at-the-market common stock offering.*
- An online social network in connection with its US$5.9 million preferred stock financing.*
- Scale Microgrid Solutions, a clean energy and microgrid platform, in its US$300 million financing and restructuring.*
- Xeraya Capital, in its US$2.5 million investment in a development stage biotechnology company; its US$2 million investment in a life sciences company producing mRNA-based vaccines; and its US$3.9 million investment in a medical device company.*
- A fiber optic cable manufacturing company in connection with its US$400 million acquisition of an automotive sensor-based monitoring company.*
- A cloud-based online learning platform in connection with its US$85 million sale to a private equity fund.*
- Preventice Solutions, in its US$925 million sale to Boston Scientific.*
- National Resilience, Inc. in its acquisition of Therapure Biopharma.*
- IXL Learning, in its acquisition of Rosetta Stone’s languages division.*
*Asterisks indicate experience prior to joining Ropes & Gray
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Carey Law School, 2017; Executive Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law
- BS, cum laude, Northeastern University, 2007
Admissions / Qualifications
- Massachusetts, 2017