William M. Beaudoin
William Beaudoin is an associate in the corporate department and a member of the firm’s investment management group. Will’s practice focuses on representing registered investment companies (both open and closed-end funds), their independent trustees/directors, investment advisers, and broker-dealers in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters. On a regular basis Will provides advice regarding the creation, registration and operation of new and existing investment products designed for institutional or retail investors. Will also works with clients to respond to new SEC and FINRA rules affecting the investment management industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Will served as in-house counsel to a dually registered broker-dealer and investment advisor firm where he advised senior management on compliance and regulatory matters, litigation, and contract drafting and negotiation.
During law school, Will served as a student attorney in the Suffolk University Law School Investor Advocacy Clinic where he counseled investors with securities disputes against financial advisors and institutions. Will also served as an intern to the Hon. Judith Fabricant in the Business Litigation Session of the Massachusetts Superior Court and in the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office in the Division of Business, Technology, and Economic Development.William was recognized by Super Lawyers in 2017 and 2018 as a “Rising Star” in Massachusetts.
- Drafting and advising on SEC filings (including XBRL filings) for registered funds and investment advisers, including registration statements, shareholder reports, proxy statements, tender offers, and Form ADV Part 2A brochures.
- Advising with respect to compliance programs and related matters under Rules 38a-1 and 206(4)-7.
- Advising closed-end funds in connection with their day-to-day operations, creating and implementing antitakeover strategies, and responding to shareholder activists, and tender offers.
- Advised private equity and private fund sponsors and other investment advisers on broker-dealer registration and compliance issues.
- Represents the independent trustees of DWS Funds and VanEck Vectors ETF Trust.
Representative fund clients include those sponsored or advised by the following and their affiliates:
- Putnam Investment Management
- Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co.
- AMG Funds
- Voya Investments
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2012; associate note editor, Journal of High Technology Law
- BA (Political Science), magna cum laude, University of Maine, 2008; Phi Beta Kappa