Andrea Bidegaray Stephen
Andrea joined Ropes & Gray in 2016 and is an associate in the corporate department in Ropes & Gray’s New York office, practicing primarily in the private equity transaction group. Andrea focuses on a variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, co-investments and other equity investments, and general corporate matters relating to the portfolio companies of private equity clients.
Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Andrea practiced for several years in the New York and Boston offices of a top New York law firm, and worked at Univision Communications, Inc. as counsel for Business Affairs with the Distribution Sales and Marketing group. While at Univision, Andrea negotiated retransmission consent and distribution agreements with multichannel video programing distributors.
Andrea is fluent in Spanish.
ExperiencePrior to joining Ropes & Gray:
- Represented Partners Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in restaurant businesses Pacific Bells and World Wide Wings, which operate 139 restaurants across five U.S. states.
- Represented Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners), an Ireland-based provider of aircraft leasing and lease management services to airlines and aircraft investors worldwide, in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co. Ltd. (an affiliate of the HNA Group), a provider of leasing and financial services to a broad range of industrial sectors in China.
- Represented Connolly LLC, a global recovery audit firm and portfolio company of Advent International Corporation, in connection with its merger with iHealth Technologies, Inc., a provider of payment policy management solutions and services to healthcare organizations.
- Represented Verde Realty Operating Partnership, L.P., a majority-owned subsidiary of funds managed by Brookfield Property Partners LP, in connection with the $1.1 billion acquisition of Industrial Developments International Inc. from a subsidiary of Japan’s Kajima Corp.
- Represented AmSafe Global Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Berkshire Partners LLC), a world leading supplier of safety and restraint equipment used primarily in the global aerospace industry, in its sale to TransDigm Group for $750 million.