Charlie focuses his practice primarily on representing private equity firms and strategic investors in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and other general corporate matters.
- Represented John Hancock Infrastructure Fund in the transfer of seed infrastructure assets in connection with its initial fund formation.
- Represented Bain Capital in its acquisition of Blue Coat Systems, a software security provider, and in its subsequent sale of Blue Coat Systems to Symantec.
- Represented TPG Capital in the acquisition of J. Crew, a leading American clothing retailer, and in its investment in Ellucian, a software provider to higher education institutions.
- Represented Samsonite in connection with its acquisitions of the Hartmann, High Sierra, Speck and Gregory brands.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in its sale of PAS Technologies, a provider of maintenance and repair solutions for original equipment manufacturers.
- Represented Gridiron Capital in its investments in Apex Engineering International, Performance Health, Dent Wizard, Yellowstone Landscape Group and Eskridge.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investments in Duckhorn Wine Company, Pabst Blue Ribbon, SweetWater Brewing, Island Oasis, thinkThin, Raybern’s and Charming Charlie and in connection with its sale of thinkThin and Gardein.
- Represented GT Advanced Technologies in its acquisition of Crystal Systems.
- Represented Morgenthaler Private Equity in its acquisition of Satellite Logistics Services.
- Represented Monitor Company Group in a successful sale of the business to Deloitte in a 363 bankruptcy sale.
- Represented Nortek, Inc. in its acquisition of Ergotron, Inc., a mobility products company.
- Represented Summit Partners in its investment in a private pharmaceutical company.
- Represented Veolia and I Squared Capital in their acquisition of the Kendall Square Power Station, a 256 megawatt producer of electrical and steam energy.
- "The Right Intention but the Wrong Result: The Misapplication of Section 1341 in Cooper v. United States," 59 Tax. Law. 1109 (2006)
- JD, magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2007; Order of the Coif; Member, The Tax Lawyer
- BS (Finance), Tulane University, 2004