Charlotte Jane Brunsdon
Charlotte Brunsdon joined the London antitrust department as an associate in May 2016. Prior to joining Ropes & Gray, Charlotte was an associate in a Magic Circle law firm in their London office, and trained in their offices in London, Paris and Frankfurt.
Charlotte advises clients on EU and UK competition and regulatory law matters. Charlotte has a broad range of experience, including inquiries and investigations before the EU Commission and UK Competition and Markets Authority; advising on mergers and acquisitions; as well as advising on matters of EU public policy.
Charlotte has an undergraduate degree in Law with German Law from the University of Oxford, and a Masters' degree in law from University College, London.
- Advising Medtronic on the CMA review of its preferred partnership with Animas Corporation
- Google, in relation to multi-jurisdictional competition law investigations
- Acted for Baring Private Equity Asia on its US$1.8 billion sale, alongside the Shanghai-based Bright Food Group, of British breakfast cereal brand Weetabix to U.S.-based cereal company, Post Holdings
- Acted for Pfizer on the sale of its Hospira Infusion Business to ICU Medical, valued at $1. billion
- Acted for Medtronic in relation to the European aspects of an acquisition in the medical technology sector valued at over $1 billion
- Acted on the European aspects of the sale of BlueCoat valued at over $4 billion, to Symantec
- Acted for Exponent Private Equity on the sale of Pattonair to Platinum Equity.
- Advised CCMP on the acquisition of commercial pool equipment manufacturer, Hayward Industries
Notable transactions in which Charlotte has been involved prior to joining the firm include:
- Acted for one of the largest high street banks on the UK Competition and Markets Authority's market investigation into the UK retail banking sector
- Acted for an international financial institution in relation to an investigation by the European Commission into allegations of collusion in relation to credit default swaps
- Acted for a financial institution on various European Commission information requests and surveys relating to retail banking, investment banking and credit cards
- Acted for a large corporate client in relation to an investigation by the French competition authority
- Acted for a corporate client on obtaining clearance from the UK Competition and Markets Authority in relation to a merger in the retail sector
- Acted for a UK corporate entity in the construction sector on various aspects of competition law compliance, including the development of a competition compliance programme