David is a senior associate in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group in London.
He advises investors and lenders on domestic and international real estate equity, debt and asset level transactions.
He has advised a variety of parties including real estate investment trusts, domestic and overseas investors, landlords, tenants and developers involving a range of properties including retail and shopping centres, office premises, care homes and warehouse and distribution centres.
- Acting for a South African investor on the £107m acquisition and financing of an 80,000 sq ft Grade A office premises in the heart of the City of London.
- Acting for a private alternative investment firm on its acquisition and financing of a data centre in the Netherlands
- Acting for one of the largest US investment funds on the disposal of a shopping centre located in continental Europe to a multinational insurance firm
- Acting for international investment company Saïd Holdings on its real estate investments and financings, including on the refinancing of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, comprising 320,000 sq. ft. of office accommodation, the majority of which is let to J.P. Morgan and on its subsequent sale to a Chinese investor for £270 million
- Acting for the leading listed global packaging business in the UK on a £300 million combined heat and power facility in Kent. The completed facility will generate over 40 MW of sustainable electricity to power UK homes and businesses
- Acting for TH Real Estate, a leading real estate investment firm, in providing finance for a portfolio of commercial properties in London. The properties are to be converted into co-working office spaces
- Acting for a South African investor on the acquisitions and related financings of grade A office buildings in central London
- Acting for Gaw Capital on its acquisition of the units in the Elizabeth Bridge Unit Trust, a JPUT owning various investment interests in 151 Buckingham Palace Road, for £256 million
- Acting for a US REIT on its acquisition of Buckingham Properties Limited, a company owning various investment interests in 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London, for £200 million
- Acting for one of the largest US investment funds on its refinancing of a portfolio of 80 UK car showrooms and its subsequent sale to W.P. Carey for £230 million
- Acting for one of the world’s largest investment funds based in the US on a number of its real estate m
Notable transactions in which David has been involved prior to joining the firm include acting for:
- The unit holders of a JPUT on the sale of a £411 million landmark property in Mayfair, London.
- Funds managed by a real estate investment trust on the acquisitions of portfolios of 88, 32 and 17 industrial properties across England and Wales with values of £150 million, £56 million and £42 million respectively.
- Real estate investment trusts on their acquisitions of UK distribution warehouses for a combined value of £62 million and in relation to investment in a fund owning various supermarket sites.
- A business parks investor in the refinancing of its existing facility agreement in the aggregate amount of £350 million.
- Various landlords in relation to landlord and tenant matters.