David is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s real estate investments & transactions group in London.
He advises investors and lenders on domestic and international real estate equity, debt and asset level transactions.
He has advised a variety of parties including real estate investment trusts, domestic and overseas investors, landlords, tenants and developers involving a range of properties including retail and shopping centres, office premises, care homes and warehouse and distribution centres.
- Acting for a private alternative investment firm on its acquisition and financing of a data centre in the Netherlands
- Acting for one of the largest US investment funds on the disposal of a shopping centre located in continental Europe to a multinational insurance firm
- Acting for international investment company Saïd Holdings on its real estate investments and financings, including on the refinancing of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, comprising 320,000 sq. ft. of office accommodation, the majority of which is let to J.P. Morgan and on its subsequent sale to a Chinese investor for £270 million
- Acting for the leading listed global packaging business in the UK on a £300 million combined heat and power facility in Kent. The completed facility will generate over 40 MW of sustainable electricity to power UK homes and businesses
- Acting for TH Real Estate, a leading real estate investment firm, in providing finance for a portfolio of commercial properties in London. The properties are to be converted into co-working office spaces
- Acting for a South African investor on the acquisitions and related financings of grade A office buildings in central London
- Acting for Gaw Capital on its acquisition of the units in the Elizabeth Bridge Unit Trust, a JPUT owning various investment interests in 151 Buckingham Palace Road, for £256 million
- Acting for a US REIT on its acquisition of Buckingham Properties Limited, a company owning various investment interests in 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London, for £200 million
- Acting for one of the largest US investment funds on its refinancing of a portfolio of 80 UK car showrooms and its subsequent sale to W.P. Carey for £230 million
- Acting for one of the world’s largest investment funds based in the US on a number of its real estate matters in the UK and Europe including acquisitions, investments and joint ventures
Notable transactions in which David has been involved prior to joining the firm include acting for:
- The unit holders of a JPUT on the sale of a £411 million landmark property in Mayfair, London.
- Funds managed by a real estate investment trust on the acquisitions of portfolios of 88, 32 and 17 industrial properties across England and Wales with values of £150 million, £56 million and £42 million respectively.
- Real estate investment trusts on their acquisitions of UK distribution warehouses for a combined value of £62 million and in relation to investment in a fund owning various supermarket sites.
- A business parks investor in the refinancing of its existing facility agreement in the aggregate amount of £350 million.
- Various landlords in relation to landlord and tenant matters.