David is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s private equity real estate team. He advises investors on UK and European private equity real estate deals across the risk spectrum for real estate funds, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, family offices and operating partners. David advises on joint ventures, direct and indirect acquisitions and financings, disposals, real estate M&A, minority and majority equity investments and co-investments, distressed transactions and restructurings, sale and leasebacks and development projects and development financings.
David has experience across all types of real estate assets and businesses including offices, hotels, retail and leisure, data centres, healthcare and care homes, residential (PRS/BTR and build to sell), student accommodation, logistics and industrial assets.
Recent experience includes advising:
- Pulsant, one of the leading nationwide providers of data centre and cloud infrastructure in the UK, on its sale from Oak Hill Capital and Scottish Equity Partners to Antin Infrastructure Partners
- QuadReal on the upsize and extension of the projected €4bn European logistics development platform, Continental Development Partners I (CDP I), sponsored by global logistics operator, GLP, under which QuadReal increased its equity commitment to CDP I to €800m.
- Sixth Street on its platform joint venture with Henley Investment Management, a UK-based private equity real estate firm, and on the joint venture’s first acquisition of a large office campus in West London close to Heathrow Airport
- Integrated Media Company (IMC), a TPG platform dedicated to the new media ecosystem, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Goal from the DAZN Group
- King Street and Arax Properties on their joint venture acquisition from Blackstone of Alban Gate in the City of London for £295 million and on the associated financing with Apollo
- A Family Office on the €500 million acquisition, development and financing of one of the world’s largest data centres and its associated letting to a major international tech company
- A U.S. Opportunity Fund with over $27 billion of assets under management on its UK and European real estate acquisitions and investments including domestic and cross-border joint ventures
- Bain Capital Real Estate in evaluating, negotiating and structuring real estate investments directly as well as through joint ventures, funds, co-investments and management arrangements with international and domestic sponsors, operators and managers
- Saïd Holdings on its real estate investments and financings, including on the acquisition and subsequent sale of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf, London, to a Chinese investor for £270 million and the acquisition of Aldermary House in the City of London for £48 million
- A South African Investor on a series of central London office acquisitions and financings totalling c.£250 million including the acquisition and financing of One Bartholomew Lane in the City of London
- A PERE Fund on the structured acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of 123 Buckingham Palace Road, London for c.£243 million
- A variety of Private Equity Funds including Bain Capital and TPG in connection with the real estate aspects of PE acquisitions and dispositions, including structuring and negotiation of occupancy leases, acquisition and disposition agreements and sale and leasebacks
- Epiris on the acquisition of The Club Company, the UK’s leading country club operator, from a company affiliated with Lone Star Funds
- Public mortgage REITs and private investment clients in negotiating and closing over $10 billion in master repurchase facilities from multiple major commercial and investment banks to finance commercial real estate loans secured by real estate in the United Kingdom and throughout Europe, as well as in the individual financing of multiple loans under the various repurchase facilities
DisclaimerRopes & Gray International LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in Delaware, United States of America and is a recognised body regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (with registered number 52100).
- LPC, Distinction, BPP Law School, London, 2010
- Graduate Diploma in Law, Distinction, The College of Law, London, 2009
- MSci (Physics), University of Nottingham, 2008
Admissions / Qualifications
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2013