Eliza advises companies and investors in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device and technology industries in transactions involving corporate and intellectual property matters, including license and collaboration agreements, mergers and acquisitions, research-related agreements and securities offerings. Eliza also actively participates in the data, privacy & cybersecurity practice group.
Eliza joined Ropes & Gray in 2016. As a law student, she won Jurisprudence Awards in the study of Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Civil Procedure, and Professional Responsibility. She also won the Suffolk University Outstanding Student Award and graduated number two in her class. She was a member of the Suffolk University Law Review and served as its Editor-in-Chief from 2015-2016. Eliza graduated from the University of Virginia in 2009.
Life Sciences Strategic Transactions
- Represented a global biotechnology company in a collaboration and license agreement worth over $1 billion directed toward strategic research and development in the advancement of small molecule protein degraders against multiple targets.
- Represented Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with a multi-million dollar multi-year disease education and promotional agreement with a global therapeutics company.
- Advised the Independent Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Akcea Therapeutics in a global licensing deal in connection with the treatment of hereditary transthyretin amyloidosis, valued at $350 million in upfront payments and triggered milestone payments of $50 million and $40 million.
- Represented Juno Therapeutics in connection with an exclusive patent license with OncoTracker concerning certain T cell therapy products that expand Juno’s T cell therapy portfolio.
- Represented Waters Technologies Corporation in its $30 million all-cash purchase of certain intellectual property assets from Prosolia, Inc., a company specializing in the development of mass spectrometers.
- Represents Bain Capital office of the general counsel in connection with license and collaboration agreements, as well as other commercial agreements.
- Represents Ironwood Pharmaceuticals in connection with certain license, development and transition services agreements.
- Represents a prominent biomedical research center in connection with license and collaboration agreement involving platform genomic technologies.
- Represents numerous pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in connection with co-promotion, license and collaboration, and sponsored research agreements, as well as other commercial agreements.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Represented a multinational medical devices and pharmaceutical company in a $243 million all-cash acquisition of an ophthalmological medical device maker.
Emerging Company Clients
- Advised Samsung Ventures in connection with a Series A financing and related corporate matters.
- Advised Cyteir Therapeutics in connection with multiple rounds of financing as well as on various corporate matters.
- JD, summa cum laude, Suffolk University Law School, 2016; Suffolk University Law School, Editor-in-Chief of the Suffolk University Law Review
- BA (English), University of Virginia, 2009