Emily K. Burke
Emily, a corporate associate in the firm's San Francisco office, focuses her practice primarily on transactional matters, representing private equity firms in the structuring and negotiation of leveraged buyouts, and public and private mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and other general corporate matters. Emily also advises private equity firms and their portfolio companies on general corporate governance matters.
During law school, Emily interned at the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia and in the Division of Corporation Finance at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission headquarters. She also served as assistant managing editor of the Georgetown Immigration Law Journal.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its majority equity investment into The Juice Plus Company, a direct seller of whole food-based nutritional products.
- Represented BV Investment Partners in its investment in Franco Signor, a provider of Medicare Secondary Payer compliance solutions to the country's largest self-insured companies, insurers, and third party administrators, and Franco Signor’s subsequent acquisition of Sharpline Allocations.
- Represents TPG’s The Rise Fund in its investment in Varo Money, a mobile-first banking platform on its way to becoming the first all-digital bank in U.S. history.
- Represented Altamont Capital Partners in its sale of Maxi Canada, a leading manufacturer of frozen poultry products based in Quebec, Canada.
- Represented TPG Capital and its portfolio company, WellSky, a health and community care technology company, in its acquisition of ClearCare, a leading provider of a software-as-a-service platform used by thousands of personal care agencies in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty, a provider of home warranty products to homeowners and new home builders.
- Represented TSG Consumer Partners in its investments in Hempz, a pioneer in the production and sale of hemp-based beauty products in the United States.
- Represented Evergreen Coast Capital in its investment in WorkForce Software, a leading global provider of cloud-based workforce management solutions.
- Represented H.I.G. Capital sale of Ampac Fine Chemicals, a custom manufacturer of active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates, to SK Holdings of South Korea.
- Represented Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Association Member Benefits Advisors, a national affinity marketing insurance agency focused on distributing supplemental insurance and other voluntary benefits through a proprietary network of retired teacher, educator, and public employee associations across the U.S.
- Represented Marquee Brands in its acquisition of the Body Glove outdoor sports brand and related intellectual property assets from Body Glove International.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015; assistant managing editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- BA (Philosophy & Political Science), Boston College, 2007