Gideon Blatt is an associate in Ropes & Gray’s corporate department and practices primarily in the firm’s hedge funds and investment management practice groups. Gideon represents registered and unregistered investment companies and investment advisers in regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters, including fund formation, ongoing governance and operational issues, and derivatives and trading arrangements.
During law school, Gideon worked as intern at the SEC in the Division of Investment Management and served as a teaching fellow for the legal writing department.
- Co-author, “Proposed Changes for the Federal Reserve’s Control Analysis,” Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (May 1, 2019)
- Co-author, “What New Bank Charters Mean For Fintech,” Law360 (October 11, 2018)
- Co-author, “Proposed revisions to the Volcker Rule,” Westlaw Journal Bank & Lender Liability (July 9, 2018)
- Co-author, “Volcker Rule: FRB Issues Policy Statement on Extensions for Non-Conforming Legacy Illiquid Funds,” Ropes & Gray Alert (December 20, 2016)
- JD, cum laude, American University Washington College of Law, 2016; American University Law Review
- BA (Economics), Trinity College, 2008